Below is the tutorial/pattern for this blanket that I hope you will love. If you need any clarification on any of the instructions below, feel free to leave a comment or email me at thefadedpineapple[at]gmail.com. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
What you'll need:
- 3+ skeins of I Love this Yarn in Light Gray for the main color (any worsted weight yarn will work, however, you may need more yarn or not as much as what I list here). Start with 3 skeins, you might need a 4th one.
- Using a yarn ball winder or another manual method (see my tutorial here to wind a center pull yarn ball with your hands) wind 4 bigger double stranded center pull yarn balls and 3 smaller double stranded center pull yarn balls. (TIP: I used a flat food scale to help me make my yarn balls. While this was super helpful it isn't necessary, eyeballing it is just fine!)
- 4 skeins of I Love this Yarn in Blue Multi for the accent color (SIDENOTE: If you're using a SOLID color from this brand, you shouldn't need more than 2 skeins. The yardage on solid skeins is significantly more than the multi/striped/ombre yarns from this line).
- Make 3 bigger double stranded center pull yarn balls and 3 smaller double stranded center pull yarn balls.
- Size US 15 (10mm) crochet hook
- Something to sort your yarn strands. I use a laundry basket that has holes in it, I found it on clearance at Wal-Mart. I've also seen people using small bins with holes in it, something like this.
- Darning needle/tapestry needle (something to weave your ends in)